Carter Park, Kings Mills
eBird Bar Charts by Season
About Carter Park
This 90-acre park is located at 1720 East King Avenue on the north side of Kings Island. This land also borders the ODNR (Ohio Department of Natural Resources) property which is next to the Little Miami River. The area has been used as a passive park since it was purchased in 2002. The park is mostly wooded, with a variety of natural features and topography which provide an ideal setting for wildlife.
The existing buildings on the site are the King Mansion and three out buildings. The natural features include a pond, several meadows, trails throughout the site with a tree canopy, large wooded areas, and steep elevation changes. The natural beauty and scenic views offer a distinctly different set of recreational opportunities than any other park in the township.
In August of 2011, the “King’s Crown” quilt barn was unveiled. This is the second quilt barn installed at Deerfield Township parks and is part of a collaboration with the Mason-Deerfield Arts Alliance (MDAA) to create a quilt barn trail.
In 2013, Deerfield Township received a WILD School Site Grant from the Ohio Division of Wildlife to develop a wildlife/learning garden at the park. It was named the Goldenrod Garden by the 6th-8th grade youth who designed the space. The garden area provides opportunities for hands-on nature exploration and includes a youth-created observation blind, native plant garden, stump stool gathering space, rock pile, brush pile, and local bird/butterfly guides. On-going projects are planned to further enhance the space through youth-driven projects in Deerfield Township Summer Camps. We encourage the community to visit the space, watch the gardens develop, observe the impact on local wildlife, and enjoy nature!
From Carter Park webpage
No restroom facilities.