Warren City Parks webpage
|Bar Charts by Season by Month|
The City bought Perkins Park for the Perkins Estate in 1931. The Park, first known as the Perkins Flats, also included the Perkins House (which now serves as City Hall).
The estate consisted of the Perkins House, 7.5 acres of beautiful grounds and 32 acres of the field previously known as Perkins Flats, lying between the homestead and the Mahoning River. The first baseball games were played the following May in 1932, on five brand-new diamonds. The park’s development continues to the present day, with a volleyball court added in 2013.
From Warren City Parks webpage