Kent, Ohio 44240
Tannery Park webpage
eBird Bar Charts by Season
About Tannery Park
The park encompasses the former site of a tannery built in 1836 by noted abolitionist John Brown and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In the 1970’s, reclamation of the site by Kent Environmental Council volunteers began, and today a natural amphitheater and a gazebo, constructed from tannery building wood grace the area.
The major uses of this park are picnicking, strolling, sitting, and fishing. These activities are accommodated by the gazebo, several fishing beaches, and miscellaneous benches and tables. Along with a twenty-car parking lot that is accessed from Stow Street.
From Tannery Park webpage
No restroom facilities.
A handicapped accessible fishing dock is available in this park and may be used by birders.