Pleasant Township Park
1144 Owens Road West
Marion, Ohio 43302
eBird Bar Charts by Season
Pleasant Township Park is a community park with approximately 60 acres of preserved green space located on the north side of Owens Road West about a quarter mile west of Smeltzer Road.
Open daily dawn to dusk; paved parking lot with handicap parking designation; paved walkway to shelter house, picnic tables, and a portion of the trail-in-the-woods; accessible portable restroom; swing set for small children; grills at shelter house and picnic table area; wetland; abundant wildlife; windmill and prairie garden; 30 acres of native prairie; approximately 2 miles of marked trails; benches along the trail and wetland area; purple martin colony; bluebird nesting trail; dogs on a leash are welcome.
The park was once farmland that had been owned by the Seiter Family since the late 1800’s. In 1999, the Pleasant Township purchased a parcel of farmland and woods from Caroline Seiter, with a portion set aside for a township park. The park has been developed in 3 phases with help of funding from Ohio Department of Natural Resources NatureWorks and Land and Water Conservation Fund grants, and Ohio Public Works Commission Clean Ohio Conservation Fund.
Restroom on site, portable toilet.