Finwood Forest Park, Findley Cabin
eBird Bar Charts by Season
About Finwood Forest Park, Findley Cabin
Finwood Estate was built in 1929 for common pleas Judge Guy B. Findley and his wife, Jennie. Situated on a serene 41 acres of densely wooded land, the estate was deeded to the City of Elyria on December 20, 1945, for park purposes. Judge Findley passed away at the age of 72 in 1958. Mrs. Guy B. Findley transferred the property to the city on August 29, 1978.
Today Finwood Estate is used by the Parks and Recreation Department as a rental facility. Self-guided nature trails situated throughout the 41-acre area provide for leisurely walks and wildlife nature programs.
From Finwood Estate webpage
No restroom facilities.