Saint Joseph Cemetery, Lockbourne
eBird Bar Charts by Season
Located about 10 miles south of downtown Columbus on US-23 in Lockbourne,
Totaling 755 acres in size, the cemetery features a beautiful brick and stone chapel erected in 1929. Today there are 37 sections in the cemetery that are in use. In addition to gravesites, the cemetery also holds 3,500 mausoleum crypts.
In 1910, Bishop James J. Hartley purchased 190 acres of farm land on US-23 just south of the village of Shadeville. William Brown, who was a janitor at St. Joseph Cathedral at the time, became the first superintendent at the cemetery. Brown supervised development of the first sections of the cemetery.
From Diocese of Columbus Cemeteries webpage
No restroom facilities.