Griggs Reservoir Park–South
eBird Bar Charts by Season
About Griggs Reservoir Park
Griggs Reservoir Park runs from the dam to the North down to Lane Avenue on the East side of the reservoir. The park offers both bike and driving trails (about 2.25 miles) along the river. The boat launch area is just South of Fishinger Road bridge. While Griggs Reservoir Park contains nature preserves, boating, and a disc golf course, this park is ideal for sunbathers, hikers, athletes, picnickers, and children. Parking areas and picnic tables are located throughout the park with several access points from Riverside Drive.
The dam was dedicated in 1905, named in honor of Julian Griggs, who was chief engineer for the City of Columbus for many years. Mr. Griggs died in 1922.
From Griggs Reservoir Park webpage
Restrooms on site.