eBird Bar Charts by Season
About Grimms Bridge and Grimms Bridge Tunnel
The one-lane bridge was constructed in 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio along Beaver Creek.
The Porterfield-Binger construction Company was the lone bidder of a $9,991 rehabilitation project for Grimms Bridge on June 20, 1955. Grimms Bridge was renovated again in 1997 when new stringers and deck were installed. The bridge was also sandblasted and painted.
From Grimms Bridge webpage
This tunnel is along the right of way of the former Pittsburgh Coal Company private railroad. It is south of Grimms Bridge Rd. The north portal and interrior are in excellent shape; the south portal is blocked and covered by a landslide. The rails have been removed from the right of way, however they are still in place from just north of the portal into the tunnel, but disappear into standing water.
From Grimms Bridge Tunnel website
No restroom facilities.