New Richmond Riverfront
New Richmond, Ohio 45157
Village of New Richmond website
eBird Bar Charts by Season
About New Richmond Riverfront
This riverfront park was once an active port, in the 19th Century, for transporting agricultural products from the surrounding area. The village was an early center of abolitionist activity, hosting the first Anti-Slavery Society in Clermont County. James G. Birney published “The Philanthropist” newspaper in the village during 1836. Many fugitives passed through the village. In one instance, an escaped slave named Leroy Lee found assistance in New Richmond on his way to Cincinnati. Slave hunters captured him and returned through the village only to be confronted by a large crowd demanding his release. The slave hunters were fortunate to escape the villagers and Leroy Lee stayed in New Richmond until he enlisted in the U.S. Army.
From New Richmond riverfront development plan
No restroom facilities.