Snyder Park webpage
Snyder Park map
|Bar Charts by Season by Month|
Located just blocks from downtown, Snyder Park was established in 1895 as a gift from local businessmen and philanthropists John and David Snyder. Designed by noted landscape architect Herman Haerlin, Snyder Park’s master plan featured 210 acres of pastoral charms and scenic vistas.
Many identify Snyder Park by its grand Romanesque entry arch designed by Robert C. Gotwald in 1904. Gotwald also designed the Park’s signature Mission-style boathouse and Craftsman-style rest house – both of which reside on serene Broadway Lake.
Much as New York’s Central Park provides residents with a respite from city life, Snyder Park provides Springfield residents with restive areas, scenic views, and ample recreational opportunities. The park contributes not only to the quality of life in Springfield but is a key component in the areas of economic development and tourism.
From Friends of Snyder Park